- A passion for excellent customer service and for seeing others succeed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Honesty & Integrity
- Comfort in making decisions independently.
- Attention to detail while also keeping in mind the big picture.
- A drive for meeting expectations and you strive to exceed expectations.
- An ability to successfully manage and complete multiple tasks within a deadline.
- A Diploma or Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems
- 2+ years’ experience as an IT field service technician
- A valid BC Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle that you can use for business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications,
- Supporting services for Microsoft-related technologies: Windows Server,
- Implementing and supporting disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services, support, and troubleshooting at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: SaaS, Secure Cloud Networks, VPN, Terminal Services,
- System documentation including system reviews and recommendations.
- Communicating with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, and notifying them of impending changes, or agreed-upon outages.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Improving customer service, their perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively via email and virtually.
- Escalating service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Improving internal processes to streamline support, reduce costs, and improve overall.
- Reviewing IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Interpersonal skills such as:
Telephony, Communication, Active Listening, and Customer-Care.
- Diagnosis of technical issues.
- Self-motivated multitasker
- Adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- Technical awareness: the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Above-average typing skills
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Contract
Salary: $17.00-$22.00 per hour
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- What is the best Email Id and Phone number to connect with you? Please mention both.
- What is your Visa Status?
- IT field service technician: 1 year (preferred)
- Computer hardware: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving License (preferred)
Work Location: In person