AWS Cloud Engineer
Top Talent Transformations
Great River is seeking an experienced AWS Cloud Ops Engineer and system administrator to
enable and deliver our existing developer tools and test infrastructure, drive our ramp into Cloud
Solutions, collaborate with our development teams on best practices and improving productivity
through tools and automation, and proactively lead on continuous improvements to our cloud
practices. This position reports to the Manager, of Cloud Solutions, and is open for an immediate
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Day-to-day operations building, maintaining, and enhancing JEA’s Cloud Solutions
infrastructure under SOC 2 best practices.
• Working with application teams to ensure smooth deployments of tools, patches, and upgrades into JEA cloud environments.
• Design, development, deployment, support, and continuous evolution of Infrastructure-as-Code
• Regular monitoring and reviewing of cloud alerts, logs and reports, including performing
remediations where required.
Skills and Experience:
• 6 years of direct experience working with Amazon Web Services
• Operational experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or AWS ECS
• Infrastructure automation tooling knowledge and experience including Terraform or
• Experience with scripting tools for automation of operational tasks (e.g. Python, Shell
scripting, AWS Lambda)
• Familiarity with systems monitoring, log aggregation, and dashboard solutions (e.g.,
CloudWatch, CloudTrail, AWS Config, AWS Quick Sight,SAP)
• Degree or diploma in computer science, engineering, or related field, Required.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, technical writing skills, and attention to detail
• Robust analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to manage multiple priorities and consistently produce results within timelines.
• Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal/external contacts.
• Experience with Oracle preferred but not necessary.
• AWS certifications are required.
• Experience developing or delivering pension administration or financial system software,
preferred but not necessary.
• Must be eligible to work in Canada.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as a condition of employment; this
includes having lived in Canada for at least the past six years.
• Must be willing to work outside the normal work schedule to achieve deadlines.
• Preference is given to candidates in the Canadian Eastern time zone.
• Willing to work in the USA- Travelling required
BC Canada/CA USA
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $152,052.00-$182,241.00 per year or hourly as per project Demand
• Casual dress
• Dental care
• Extended healthcare
• Paid time off
• RRSP match
• Vision car